If there’s one thing we’ve learned in over 15 years in business, it’s that you can never be too prepared. That’s why we started building and upgrading ghost hunting technology on our own!
In this article, our paranormal investigators detail how you can gear up properly for your next ghost hunt. Get ready to take your adventures into a whole new level of professionalism.
How to Prepare for Your Next Ghost Hunter’s Adventure
So you want to become a ghostbuster and hunt ghosts in real life? Then you must be well prepared.
After all, proper preparation prevents a particularly undesirable pattern of performance. Here are 3 simple steps for preparing for your next paranormal adventure:
- Research Your Paranormal Investigation
- Pack Your Ghost Hunting Equipment Case
- Plan for the Unexpected
1. Research Your Paranormal Investigation
Before you can execute a successful ghost hunt, you must prepare for success. Seems obvious, but what does that entail?
- Determine the needs of the location: Do you need hiking boots or sneakers? Will you be static, or will you move from place to place? Are you going at night or during the day?
- Identify the source of the paranormal activity: Sometimes this is done at the scene, but it helps to know what you’re facing. If most reports indicate audible phenomena, for example, then it makes sense to invest in audio recording devices over video.
- Delegate responsibilities and confirm that everyone understands their role: If you’re on a team, your teammates can act more decisively if they know what is expected of them. If you’re a solo investigator, list your tasks and create a mental roadmap prior to the ghost hunting adventure.
2. Pack Your Ghost Hunting Equipment Case
If you’re running solo, then it may be ideal to use a ghost hunter’s backpack. Alternatively, with a team, you can often benefit from the increased durability of a soft gear case or hard ghost hunting gear case.
Either way, you’ll want to ensure that it contains everything that you and your fellow paranormal investigators need to complete your mission. To simplify this process and guarantee that you’re well equipped, we recommend investing in a ghost investigation and hunting kit for your experience level.
For our newer ghost hunters, you’ll also appreciate the tips you can find in our Beginner’s Guide to Ghost Hunting.
Once you’ve selected the gear you intend to use, make sure it’s in working order. Test everything out and make sure those batteries are charged. Make sure you have all the accessories you need including extra batteries, cords, memory cards and mounting.
3. Plan for the Unexpected
We don’t use the phrase “ghost hunter’s adventures” lightly. They may be fun, but paranormal investigations are also very serious.
Ensure that every member of your team possesses a reliable form of communication — and that they are charged completely. Confirm that everyone knows what to do if they encounter paranormal activity, bystanders, and dangerous conditions.
If you’re a solo hunter, then remain in contact with friends and family at all times. And, no matter what, always follow local laws.
Gear Up for Adventure with Ghost Hunting Bags from GhostStop
At GhostStop, our passion for the paranormal has fueled many innovations in ghost hunting equipment. To find the perfect ghost hunting gear for your next investigation, reach out to our team today.