Spirit Box SB11-ANC
The P-SB11 Spirit Box is a great tool with great new features for attempting communication with paranormal entities. It uses radio frequency sweeps to generate white noise which theories suggest give some entities the energy they need to be heard. When this occurs you will sometimes hear voices or sounds coming through the static in an attempt to communicate. This new model, following the success of the SB7, includes many new features for paranormal investigations and communication with the beyond.
The new P-SB11-ANC utilizes dual-channel noise adjustment that allows you to filter the sound for spirit responses while eliminating the sweep sound during your Sessions. It has been fully tested and the ANC is preset to an optimal level for best results. Should you decide to make any changes, simply increase or decrease the filter using 2 buttons for more or less Noise. The ANC features makes hearing and deciphering spirit responses easier.
Customers also viewed:
SBox Ghost Scanner + Recorder The newest spirit box with recorder built in and many handy features for investigators.
- Single or Dual Simultaneous Sweep Modes
- Temperature Alert with Audible Tone
- AM/FM Selectability
- Adjustable Sweep Speeds (50msec - 350msec in 50msec increments)
- Forward and Reverse Sweep
- Adjustable Antenna Signal Attenuation
- Ambient Temperature Deviation Detection (ATDD) Hot & Cold Spot Detection with Sound and Light Array
- High Intensity RED LED Flashlight
- Dual Simultaneous Audio Outputs
- Requires one 9V battery (not included)
When you receive your New P-SB11-ANC device, it has been tested and the ANC Filter has been calibrated to a specific volume level setting for best audio results. The setting level is stored in EEPROM and will remain regardless of power loss or battery being changed. Subtle user adjustments can still be made to suit your individual session preferences. It is important to understand that if you increase or decrease the volume for CHN 1 or CHN 2 on the SB11-ANC, you must also increase or decrease the ANC filter control buttons in proportion, to compensate for any volume changes you make. More sound volume requires a higher Noise Filter (UP arrow) adjustment. Lower sound volume requires a lower Noise Filter (Down arrow) adjustment.
Example: If you increase the SB11 volume 1-2 clicks, you will need to press the ANC “UP” arrow until the noise or sweep sound diminishes. And, if you lower the SB11 volume 1-2 clicks, you will need to press the ANC “Down” arrow until you hear a little noise. Once your changes have been made, the device requires 5 minutes to write your changes into EEPROM memory. The next time you turn the P-SB11-ANC ON your setting will be saved, and you will only need to adjust the SB11 volume, sweep rate and sweep direction.
The ANC filter has its own audio amplifier circuit and is only designed to operate within a specific SB11 volume adjustment range. Excessive SB11 volume will cause distortion through the speakers and cause the ANC filter to be over range. This will prevent you from hearing responses more clearly.
Directions For Use:
- 1.Remove P-SB11-ANC from the box and install a 9VDC Alkaline battery (provided) into the battery hatch located on the back of the device.
- 2.Slide the Power switch to the ON position
- 3.Press the Function button once to activate CHN1 only.
- 4.Adjust Sweep rate to 150-200ms or other preferred setting
- 5.Press REV or FWD sweep direction
- 6.Increase Volume slowly until you begin to hear some noise. Stop when you hear noise. This represents the ANC filter factory preset level.
- 7.Press the Function button once to activate CHN2 only.
- 8.Repeat steps 4-6 above.
- 9.Press the Function button again to activate both CHN1 and CHN 2
Note: We utilize a proprietary software algorithm that Dynamically adjusts the Noise Filter Hold and Release times based on sweep speeds selected. This technique recognizes a potential response and determines how long to hold the threshold open within the sweep pulse before releasing the signal. It helps to achieve a higher percentage of complete words responses.
If you press CHN 1 or CHN 2 UP & Down buttons simultaneously, you will erase the factory or user preset calibration setting. If this happens, turn the device OFF. Then back ON and follow these instructions.
- Press the Function button once to activate CHN1 only.
- Press CHN1 Volume button 3-4 times to increase the volume.
- Located on the back of the SB11 you will find the ANC filter control buttons for CHN1 & CHN2. The UP arrow button increases the noise filter which reduces the Sound. And the Down arrow button decreases the noise filter and increases the Sound.
- Press the UP arrow button for CHN1 (40-60) clicks until you hear the noise diminish on CHN1. A slight static sound fading in and out is best.
- Press the Function button and repeat the process for CHN2.
- Once you complete this calibration, adjust your SB11 sweep settings and begin your session. Make subtle adjustments to CHN1 & CHN2 ANC UP/Down buttons until the desired noise level has been achieved.
- Be sure to run the SB11 for at least 5 minutes to save your settings to memory.
A fantastic device...with a steep learning curve.
I've been taking out the SB11-ANC to a few locations and while I am happy with the results, I'm taking a few stars away on account of its challenges. The instructions would be a bit more beneficial if they weren't printed in a font size smaller than six point. Then there's activating the sweep mode which is to push and hold either the Reverse or Forward buttons. Not really intuitive as there is the innocuous Function button which is more for an "either/or" option for something completely unrelated. The lack of a display (which other Spirit Boxes offer) doesn't show how dramatic the noise control is applied, what the battery strength is at, or any details of the sweep. (A future model should offer some sort of LED display.) All that being said, has this device been a winner in the field? Oh yeah. After receiving a response knock, the SB11 responded with "That was me." followed by a cheery "Good morning!" So yes, I am figuring out the SB11-ANC and would recommend it, but not without a warning on its UI.
Added this to our equipment set along with the SB7 and am very pleased with the results. It's much larger but the speaker works great, dual channels can be ran simultaneously, a mute button is great so you don't need to shut off the device or cover it to muffle the sound. The temperature detection is highly sensitive and sometimes seems to react to the device warming up, I recommend ensuring the SB11 has time to warm up to room temperature before using along with zeroing the temp reading after your first session.
SB11 with ANC
I must amend my previous review. After much practice and experimenting, I can say this newest version of the SB11 is a must have for the serious investogator.
I recently purchased the SB11 with ANC from GhostStop. I have always loved the original SB 11 and saw this new updated version. Not seeing much difference with the new version. I gave 4 stars because the SB-11 has alwsys been great. No fifth star because the ANC feature really doesnt do anything but thats in no way a reflection on GhostStop....they always make quality equipment.
It's amazing equipment no problems or issues I love all the options on this equipment. Very reliable.