New version is in the works. Watch our newsletters and social media for updates.
Geophone Vibration Meter with Remote Sensor
Have you ever received reports of footsteps, vibration or movement on a case? This incredibly sensitive vibration detection device is a geophone that 'listens' to vibrations and sends the readout to a visual display. It comes with a remote sensor that you can place anywhere and watch for changes on the readout to see if there is someone or something moving. Greater motion lights up more lights on the LED readout for quick and easy identification of strength and variation.
- High sensitivity geophone sensor detects even small vibrations
- Remote sensor with detachable/extendable cable
- Glow-in-the-dark sensor for spotting the the darkness
- NEW! Free rugged rubber boot for added protection with belt loop
- Sensitivity control adjustment knob
- Comes with flexible tripod for readout unit
It is designed to detect bangs and creaks in the floors or walls but is sensitive enough to detect the slightest movement - even from afar. With the adjustable sensitivity you can decide how much movement it will take to light the guage. The detachable sensor allows you to place the sensor on the floor and the readout on a table OR place the sensor in one room while watching the read out in another (extension cable required). Though this is not your typical geophone it does utilize the same components to measure seismic response which is used by science to measure earthquakes and ground activity. Watch for patterns that may indicate man-made, mechanical possibilities.
This product is made right here at GhostStop.
- 8 LED Display
- Variable sensitivity knob
- Detachable sensor with 3' cable
- On/Off switch
- LED power light
- Two AA batteries (not included)
- Sensor cable is 3' long but can be extended using your own cable
- To extend the sensor distance use a standard 12V DC extension cable of any length
- To insert batteries, remove the rubber boot to expose the battery compartment
- To turn on, turn the knob to click on.
- To adjust sensitivity, set the sensor where you wish to detect vibration. Turn the knob slowly in each direction to your liking. We suggest keeping it right on the edge of when the first light will flicker with light tapping.
Works well and highly sensitive. Just wish it had a slight sound to alert you if using in another room. Pleased with device.