EVP Audio Recording at It's Finest
- High quality audio with serious control
- Live Listening
- File Marking - Mark the file while recording for review
- 4 Channels with on-board mikes and 2 inputs
Now, with the Zoom H4n Pro you can use high quality, film-grade audio on your investigations. The on-board microphones record in all around the unit with adjustable settings for spread. Features live listening capability so you can hear any potential EVPs on the spot. You can even mark files while recoding so you can note areas of the file you want to especially review later. This 4-channel audio recorder delivers superior audio quality and dramatically improves evidence quality. By recording all around the unit, not only can you get superior audio quality, but it will also help you determine where the audio was coming from.
Want to hear EVPs as they happen? This unit features live listening capability so you can hear potential evidence on the spot. Just plug in a set of headphones or external speaker.
You can set markers on the audio file while you recording. This lets you flag the file in the spot where you believe you may have heard potential evidence for special review later. The screen on the recorder will show a list of file markers with time stamps and allow you to review each.
Why Use 4 Channels?
In addition to the two on-board surround microphones there are also inputs for 2 additional microphones. This allows you the option to record audio from different locations all on one recorder or different areas of the same room so you can better triangulate where audio is coming from. You can use the H4n in conjunction with boom micrphones, handhelds or lavaliers while gathering atmospheric audio with the onboard mics.
- 24bit/96kHz Linear PCM recording for pristine recording
- Digitally controlled, high-quality mic preamp for improved audio quality
- WAV and MP3 formats
- Records on SD/SDHC media of up to 32GB for maximum recording time
- Auto-record and pre-record feature so you never miss a moment
- Variable speed playback capability for "phrase training"
- Stamina mode enables 10 hours of continuous battery life
- Onboard mid-side matrix decoder for additional miking possibilities
- XLR inputs with phantom power allow recording with any mic
- Studio effects onboard, including guitar and bass amp modeling
- Built-in effects, including compression/limiting, low-cut filtering, modulation, reverb/delay and amp models
- USB audio interface capability
- 2-in/2-out USB audio interface for PC/Mac computers
- Low-cut filter to reduce noise
- Normalizing and file splitting functions
- Mono mix function
- Onboard tuner and metronome
- Runs on 2 AA batteries (battery life 6-10 hours)
- 1) Slide Power switch to the on position (right hand side of the device)
- 2) Press the record button once to set as record ready in standby mode (record button blinking)
- 3) Press the record button again to start recording (record button solid on)
- 4) Press Stop button to stop recording and save.
- Zoom H4n Recorder
- Protective case
This recoder is very nice, it has a lot of functions outside of doing evp's. It does take some getting used to but the manual helps. my suggestion is take your time getting to know this recorder and it's functions. I would highly recommend this recorder though :)
this recorder blows most recorders away the sound recording is great and it records some what better then the H1 love it must have recorder
This tool is great. I have been investigating for years and now have this one added to our collection. Though a bit on the high price side, you get what you pay for. The H4N delivers. You can cutomize it in audio settings to benefit what you are trying to do, also you can use it for music, and recording sessions as it is versitile. I use it for EVP sessions, but also for other things like recording my DJ sets, and voice recordings for trainings and such. Happy with the unit. Dir & Co Founder Hometown Paranormal Essex VT