SPIKE Temperature Sensor
See temperature spikes as they happen.
Deploy this palm-sized, compact sensor to visualize when temperature changes happen during paranormal investigations. This temp sensor pod utilizes a sensitive on-board thermometer to detect changes in temp, colder or hotter, and alerts you with lights and sound. The lighted ring will illuminate red or blue in correlation with temperature changes. It's simple to use, easy to see and lasts a long time.
- Built in thermomenter for temperature detection
- Color light display to indicate cold or hot
- Sound alert
- Compact and lightweight design
- Rechargeable long-lasting battery
Live temperature readings with lights and sound
The top side of this investigation tool features a lighted ring for live readings. As temp changes, the display will light up the entire ring red or blue to indicate change. Blue will indicate a cold spike. Red, a hotter change.
Each change will also trigger a double beeping tone. This tone will change pitch to indicate whether the change was hotter or colder. High to low pitch means a drop in temperature. Low to high, a rise in temperature. This is helpful in case you weren't actually able to see the lights on the device.
Ask questions and see what response you get.
Just call me 'Spike'.
The SPIKE line of compact ghost hunting modules
This product is just one in the SPIKE collection of ghost hunting devices. Made for ease and compactness, SPIKE pods are made to be small and effective tools you can drop around your investigation area quickly and easily. Just flick them on, drop them down and get to work.
Current Line of SPIKE Sensors (and growing)
You can adjust the sensitivity of the thermometer to suit your needs. Whether you are in an environment with lots of temp changes like an air conditioned office or windy outdoors or an enclosed building with no power, this unit can handle it. On the bottom of the device is a control knob. Just turn it up or down to set it where you're picking up small fluctuations and you'll be ready to investigate.
Compact, lightweight and functional design
At just 2 inches in diameter, you can pop this in your pocket. The enclosure, featuring a rugged ribbing for a firm grip, is built with lightweight material for ease of transport. The design is built with function in mind to ensure high visibility and sensivity.
MADE IN THE USA from domestic and imported material.
This product is made right here at GhostStop.
*NOTE: Parts of this product are 3D printed right here at GhostStop. Each one is made with great care by hand. As such, each one may have unique elements in the texture that could appear to be small defects. These unique elements do not affect the function of the product. Though we do our best to keep them as uniform as possible, each one will be unique in some small way since they are each printed and hand-built for quality. Thanks for your understanding in that.
- LED lighted ring on the top to indicate 'scanning' and temperature change (pulsing white = 'scanning', blue = colder, red = warmer)
- Built in thermometer
- Sensitivity adjustment
- Rechargeable via USB cable (USB-C)
- Power LED
- Charging indicator LED
- Size: 2.5"diameter x 2"h
- Sensitivity range: Highest sensitivity setting = detects differences of 0.25°F. Lowest sensivity detects differences of 3°F.
Directions & Contents
Quick Start Directions
Turn the device on using the turning knob located on the bottom of the device. Turn the knob clockwise to click it on. When powered up, the lights will run a quick test and you'll hear a short tone sequence while booting up (just a few seconds).
Set the Spike Sensor in an area you wish to capture changes. Adjust the sensivity using the same power knob on the bottom. Leftmost (down position right after it clicks on) is the lowest sensivity. Turn clockwise until it reaches the far right for the highest sensivity.
We suggest starting the sensivity high to start with. Set it down, and see how the display reacts. Adjust it up until you reach a point where the display is dark when the ambient environment is quiet. Adjust it a few times to get it where you want it then you're good to go. Keep notice of devices around like fans, air conditioners and appliances that change room temperature. They're not a problem, you just might have to adjust to a higher baseline.
For best results, make sure the display is infront of a running video camera that can see the display and/or place an EVP recorder next to the Spike Sensor to record any correlating evidence.
Directions for Charging
- Using the USB cable provided, plug it into any standard USB power source. For plugging into a standard wall AC outlet you will need a common AC/USB adapter (not included).
- Red light on the bottom = Charging
- Blue light on the bottom = Fully Charged
- A fully-charged battery will last just over 7 hours under normal conditions.
- NOTE: Power consuption is highly dependant on how often the sensor and lights are triggered. If it is triggering constantly, the battery life is closer to 4 hours. With that, we recommend making sure to set the sensitivity to a good point where it's only going off for actual audio spikes and constant ambient sound (like fans and cars outside) will not set off the device. With this, you'll get 7+ hours of continuous use.
- Charging takes about 1 hour.
- For UNLIMITED USE, this device can be used while it's charging via wall outlet or USB battery pack. A USB battery pack is handy so you can use the device and continue charging all while being completely mobile.
This works great and is very sensitive. I definately recommend adding one (or three) to your equipment inventory.