EDI+ Meter Data LoggerEnvironmental Detection Instrument + Graphing Data Logger
The EDI Meter is more than just an EMF meter. It's an all-in-one ghost hunting tool built for ghost hunting and paranormal investigators who want precision detection and data that can be thoroughly analyzed on a graph or spreadsheet log.
Just call me 'Eddy.'
The most feature-packed ghost hunting device just got better. The new EDI+ has additional sensors, alerts, display control and data logging that you can view on a timeline graph.
- EMF meter with sound and dual readout
- Data logger and graphing of ALL readings
- Ambient temperature readout
- Vibration sensor display
- Pressure and humidity
Data Logging, Graphing and Marking
Seeing a reading spike during an investigation is helpful. But what if you could see every sampling of all environmental readings on one timeline? Now you can with the EDI+. This new features takes the readings of the EDI+ sensors and records them to an SD card which can be viewed later in a timeline graph or spreadsheet via an online app or downloadable Windows program. Now you can analyze all of the sensor data on a timeline including EMF, temperature, vibration, pressure and humidity.
Hit RECORD and go investigate.
With just one touch you can begin recording all of the environmental sensor data to an SD card. Just insert the SD card, hit record and go investigate.
Flag your timeline for special review.
During your investigation you can tell the EDI+ to mark a certain point in the data for special review. If something occurs during your investigation that you feel should be noted on the data, the EDI+ will flag the file for you to take note of later during review.
Review results on your computer.
The EDI+ data logger stores all investigation information on an SD card. Download the free graphing application built just for the EDI+ which will graph the data over the investigation allowing you to analyze everything at any given time. Just insert the SD card into your computer via any SD card reader and load the data log into the application. It's simple to use. The raw data can also be loaded in any data or spreadsheet application of your choice.
> DOWNLOAD the free graphing application (for Windows PC only)
> LINK to the free online graphing app
The EDI+ utilizes a fast-response screen to display the exact readings from each sensor. With just a touch of a button you can switch the display to any one sensor readout. This way you can get an exact and quick readout of the EMF, thermometer, pressure or humidity.
| || EMF Meter with Sound |
The EDI+ utilizes a highly sensitive Electromagnetic Field Sensor detecting even small changes in the electromagnetic field around the device. The display shows you an exact reading of the EMF strength in addition to a traditional lighted scale. You will also hear when spikes occur with an audible tone indicating EMF spikes. Theories within the ghost hunting field suggest that these spikes may signify activity or communication from spirits on the other side. Given that, the use of sensitive and reliable EMF detection during an investigation is important to document. The speaker can be turned on/off as you desire.
| || Ambient Thermometer |
The EDI+ contains an ambient temperature sensor with a real-time digital display. In addition to the digital readout there are LED light indicators that light to alert you to spikes or drops in temperature. Blue when the temperature drops and orange/red when it gets warmer. The unit of measurement can be switched to display Fahrenheit or Celsius.
| || Vibration Sensor |
The EDI contains a highly sensitive geophone for detecting vibration. A built-in accelerometer is programmed to pick up the slightest movement on the surface it is sitting on. Even a small touch on the table will set off the indicator panel. This features is very helpful on cases with reported footsteps, knocking and moving objects. Like a graph, the device will light up the amount of LEDs based on the intensity of the vibration or movement. This can be toggled on/off if the device is being used in a hand-held fashion.
| Air Pressure |
The EDI+ also detects changes in pressure. The readout will display the live readings.
| || Humidity |
The EDI+ also detects humidity within the air around the unit. The readout will display the live readings.
The EDI is built strong from the inside out. With a hard shell case and protective, rugged rubber boot you can feel confident it will be well protected.
Choose Your Color
The EDI+ comes with a protective rubber boot cover that keeps it protected. There are a few colors to choose from. Select your favorite at checkout above.
Theories within the ghost hunting field suggest that ghosts may have the ability to manipulate our environment. That may include energy changes, temperature, motion, pressure and more. As such, it is important for paranormal investigators to detect those changes with precision and review the results with accuracy and context. As such, 'Eddy' was born to ensure the integrity of that information and give investigators easy access to precise review of that data.
- Low frequency detection down to 10 hz
- Accurate milligaus readings from 0-11mg
- Single axis
- Indicator lights start dim response at approximately 1 milligauss and light sequentially at various strengths up to 11mg
- Speaker responds at approximately 3 milligauss
- VIBRATION SENSOR
- 3 Axis Accelerometer with high pass filtered output to measures changes in acceleration in the +- 2G range
- Five indicator LEDs will set off in increasing intensity between 0.0244G - 0.122G.
- Accurate to +-1 C from 0-65 C with 0.1 C resolution.
- Alarms LEDs sensitive to +-0.1 F change in < 0.5 seconds.
- DATA LOGGER AND APPLICATION
- All sensor data can be recorded to an SD card. Once per second the Min/Max values of each sensor is calculated and saved to a log file on the SD card.
- Data Log Format: CSV
- Application Requirements: PC with Windows. (Mac coming in the future or you can use other openly available applications for Mac)
- CSV data is open-source and can be applied to any charting, database analysis or spreadsheet software of your choice
- Accurate to +- 3 %RH in 20 - 80 %RH range with 0.1 %RH resolution.
- alarm LEDs sensitive to +- 3 %RH change in < 0.5 seconds.
- Accurate to +-1.0 hPa in 300 - 1000 hPa range with 0.1 hPa resolution.
- alarm LEDs sensitive to +- 0.15 hPa change in < 0.5 seconds.
- Size: 3.25"w x 5.6"h x 1.8"d (with boot)
- Battery: 3 AA (batteries may or may not be included)
Protective rubber boot
To MARK the data file: Whenever you feel there is an important moment to note, hit the 'Vibe' and 'DISP' buttons together and the EDI+ will flag the data file.
BEFORE USING YOUR EDI+
- INSERT BATTERIES (3 AA required) - The EDI+ does not come with batteries. Carefully remove rubber boot from device and turn to its back to expose battery compartment. Insert three AA batteries and replace lid and rubber boot. (New batteries will last over 72 hours of continuous use)
- POWER ON - Press power (PWR) button to turn on EDI+. LEDs and EMF noise will flash on. Display will default to °F reading. To TURN OFF Hold PWR button down for 3 seconds.
- DISPLAY - The display ( DISP) button will cycle through what sensors you are currently displaying on the LED screen. When you press the DISP button the LED correlating to the sensor you are displaying will briefly light up. i.e. °F will light up “– Temp” LED, °C lights up “+Temp” LED, EMF lights up the full EMF LED array, Pressure will light up PRS LED, and Humidity lights up HUM LED. These LEDs are also used to alert you of any sudden changes in the environment. If the temperature, humidity, or barometric pressure changes suddenly the correlating LED will flash twice.
- VIBRATION (VIBE) button when pressed will turn off the Vibration LEDs when device is being hand held or in any situation where the vibration LEDs are not desired. This DOES NOT affect vibration data when recording.
- SPEAKER (SPKR) button toggles the EMF's audio response on and off.
RECORDING DATA TO SD CARD
The EDI+ records all data to SD card that can be uploaded into our proprietary graphing software that can be downloaded from our site mentioned above. Most SD card types and speeds are compatible. (EXFAT & FAT32 compatible).
To begin recording:
- Insert a standard size SD card into the SD slot on top of EDI+ with the SD card facing up. This can be done while device is on or off.
- Press Record (REC) to begin recording. The LED screen will display the file name and recordings will start from 1.0, and count up. (i.e. 1.0,2.0,3.0,4.0)
- To MARK a spot in the data at any time while recording press DISP & VIBE at the same time and your data will be marked on the timeline.
- To END the recording at any time just press REC again and it will display the file number again and save the .CSV file onto the SD card. DO NOT remove SD card from device during recording as that can damage file and render the recording useless.
EDI+ GRAPHING PROGRAM
> LINK to the free online graphing app
> DOWNLOAD the free graphing application (for Windows PC)
After downloading and installing the windows graphing program, insert your SD card into your computer. Transfer the .CSV files to any desired folder on your computer. Open the program and click on LOAD CSV and choose the recording. You should then be able to display all your data in the graphs. Exact data points can be looked at by moving cursor over specific parts of the recording. Graphs can also be manipulated by zooming by using the tools in the tool bar or clicking on graph and dragging to desired zoom. Zoom reset can be found in tool bar.
Downloadable Program is currently only compatible with Windows PCs.
I am grateful for a device that performs so many functions rolled into one. It makes setting up so much easier. The program that creates a sine wave graph of the environmental changes is super. I note on my voice recorder when I have turned on the EDI so I can tie the audio recording to the chart and data file.
To this day probably the best paranormal tool on the market! just turn it on and hit record and it data logs temperature, humidity, barometric pressure changes, EMF and vibration. Just bought two more to add to our arsenal. We now have 3. Can't say enough about EDI+!
Absolutely love this device. Have multiple ones. Love being able to check the differences in Humidity, Air Pressure, EMF, and vibration at the time activity is occurring.
I love this meter. Its made by paranormal researchers just for paranormal research. The data logging is such a great thing to have. Now you know exactly what is going on in the environment at any given time the meter is running. Being able to compare all the values on a time chart is fantastic. Its easy to use. I only wish the EMF meter was 3 axis and measured higher than 11mG. Also, maybe an easy way to print the data chart. I recommend the EDI+!
The EDI is super easy to operate to say the least. I agree a built in EVP mic. that also runs the waveform on the windows data logging program would be a nice added feature. I love a system that enables you to see a visual graph of all data at once. So far I really like this better than other devices I have used by far. I would highly recommend this to anyone serious about conducting research.
I received my EDI+ a couple of days ago. It is nice and easy to use. The programing to track changes was easy to use, and download. While trying it out, was amazed as to how it can keep track of the changes around the unit. I think these EDI+ will fit in nicely to any paranormal investigators kit. Would be nice though to have a digital voice/sound recorder built in. Then can see if any changes occur, while getting results during an EVP session.
We had the benefit of receiving one of the first EDI+ preorders. After using the earlier EDI meter for a few months, this model is a major improvement. We had the opportunity to test out the latest version of the PC graphing software (10/8/16) and were blown away. We took the EDI+ out on our first trial investigation last week and it helped us spot a change in barometric pressure during an EVP session. The only critique I would give is to say that the 'MARK' feature could perhaps have been added as a separate button at the top of the unit. As of now, you can mark or time stamp a recording by pressing two of the buttons (VIBE and DISP) on the face of the unit simultaneously, which is not so easy to do in the dark. That shouldn't sway anyone's opinion on buying the EDI+ though. It is very durable, easy to read in the dark, and a great meter to be used at any paranormal investigation.
Just received the unit this afternoon and have been playing around with it in a somewhat controlled environment. Running the unit through its paces with monitoring temperature , gauging its accuracy along with vibrations, EMF against other devices and so far its pretty accurate. The software is good but NOT FOR MAC!!! It must be Windows based . Hopefully, down the road there will be a Mac program for "Eddy". GhostLand Society uses PC Laptops in the field but have Mac in the office so it'll be a bit of additional work on our part for going over everything back at our office. Any ways... a great device and looking forward to actual field use. All of our experiments so far have shown this device holds up to its claims